ASIC has restricted the use of certain words and phrases, in company names. Names which include the following will not be registered or may be marked for manual review.
- A name that is undesirable or likely to be offensive
- Any word that includes 'Commonwealth', 'Federal', 'Crown' or 'Government'
- Words that are misleading such as 'University', 'Trust, or 'Chartered, or are similar
- Names that are identical to existing business name
- Or names or words that are not on ASCOT or the Macquarie dictionary
You can check the availability of a company name, and any possible restrictions, on our Homepage.